Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOCIs

Referencing the post on "What To Do After You Get Waitlisted," there is a section addressing students who have not heard back yet. While it says it is okay for a student with no decision to send a LOCI so long as one's application was submitted at least 2 or 3 months prior, I was wondering what the nature of follow-up LOCIs should be? On timing, the post's suggestion was to send follow-up LOCIs to schools on a monthly basis after the initial (and especially before the seat deposit deadline). I sent LOCIs to a number of schools I'd not yet heard back from at the very beginning of this month, writing the LOCI in a format similar to a personal statement, submitting a "Why X" essay in cases where I'd not already submitted one, and also writing a shorter LOCI in the body of the email.

That having been my initial LOCI blast, should my follow-up basically just be a cut-and-paste of my email statement? I don't want to make things unnecessarily strenuous by drafting a new statement with "new" interests, but not sure if a copy-and-paste of an email I already sent is that helpful. Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

I would not encourage you to copy and paste recycled language from an earlier more extensive LOCI in your follow up email. If you have something substantive to add to your original application submission, like a new test score, or an updated resume reflecting new activities since the time of original submission, you can send that along. It will help the adcom make a fully informed decision. If you just want to let them know that you are still interested in the school and available to attend right now, then your email should convey this in a brief and concise manner. The adcom doesn't want to read any more than they need to. Good luck!

• lsat_ndodalsat_ndoda Member
    11 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:
    I would not encourage you to copy and paste recycled language from an earlier more extensive LOCI in your follow up email. If you have something substantive to add to your original application submission, like a new test score, or an updated resume reflecting new activities since the time of original submission, you can send that along. It will help the adcom make a fully informed decision. If you just want to let them know that you are still interested in the school and available to attend right now, then your email should convey this in a brief and concise manner. The adcom doesn't want to read any more than they need to. Good luck!

Very helpful, thanks!