PT31.S3.Q22 --Endosymbiosis--Help!

popcorn11201popcorn11201 Yearly Member
edited April 2020 in Logical Reasoning 44 karma

Hello!

I am stuck on Practice Test 31 Section 3 Question 22 about endosymbiosis. I get the structure of the stimulus. The stimulus is saying that the nucleomorph was found inside the chlorarachniophyte. The nucleomorph has to be the remains of an engulfed organism's nucleus because it contains two versions of a particular gene in its DNA. I'm imagining that the chlorarachniophyte engulfed an organism, and a part of the organism gave way to the functional nucleomorph, which is now found within the chlorarachniophyte. How can answer choice E be the correct answer? E says chlorarachniophyte emerged following the endosymbiosis, but chlorarachniophyte has to already exist before then because it was part of the process of endosymbiosis. The chlorarachniophyte engulfed another organism. Also, how is answer choice C incorrect? I'm having trouble following.
Thanks!

help

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-31-section-3-question-22/

Comments

• Victoria.BordignonVictoria.Bordignon Alum Member
    edited April 2020 61 karma

Hi Sammywu, not sure if this is helpful, and I am by no means a master, but I think why E is correct is because the passage can support that "some types of organisms originated through endosymbiosis,...", but does it prove that a nucleomorph did? Doesn't the passage at the end question this?