Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rounding up GPA

edited April 2020 in Law School Admissions 6 karma

Can you round up your GPA from a 3.918 to a 3.92 for your resume?

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I would just put whatever GPA is on your LSAC academic summary report.

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

I agree with noonawoon.. any marginal benefit you might receive by boasting a .002 higher GPA, I think might be outweighed by any risk of seeming deceitful, however realistic the assumption that 3.918 is essentially the same as 3.92.

Especially since different AdCons read files in different orders, you don't want someone to double-take or scratch their head about about why you decided to 'inflate' your GPA. I'd even double-down on this answer and say that this applies especially to you because 3.918 is technically above the median for everyone except Yale (3.93). Ergo, wherever you apply you are either already above their median (so an additional .002 rounding up won't help) or you're already below the median when you do round (so a the roundup isn't going to make a difference).

More realistically, I would hate to be in a situation where you set up the file reader for disappointment or confusion. AdCon thinks, "oh wow, they have a 3.92! (reading Resume first)...oh wait it's only a 3.918 (then reading CAS report)", especially because a 3.918 is a super awesome GPA.

Hope this helps!

• 6 karma

where can I find my GPA listed on my LSAC academic summary report?

• Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
    266 karma

For my resume for law school, I kept out my GPA because I figured that the law schools already have it twice and don't need to see it again.