Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for LG

joshkenazyjoshkenazy Member
in Logic Games 6 karma

Hi all,

I think I am starting to understand how to tackle the Logic Games section! I started out truly baffled but am now drilling some of the games I had trouble with and am getting into a groove.

However, I still struggle with 2 things: 1) timing and 2) whether to split the game board or not.
I find that for some games, I can draw the game board and jot down the rules in no time but sit there for 4-5 minutes just trying to figure out how I can put rules 1/2/3/etc. together. Sometimes, I even end up figuring out all of the inferences correctly (or find every possible rendition of my 4 game boards for one game) but look at the clock and see that I have 1 minute to answer the remaining 3-4 questions which is NOT good.

Is there a trick to knowing when to figure out inferences up front vs. unraveling them through the questions themselves? And when should I spend time splitting my game board up versus opting out (for example, in the explanation video of PrepTest 1 - Section 2 - Game 1 vs Game 4)?

Best,
Josh

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Ive always erred on splitting no matter what. And I think if you cant figure out any inferences within 20-30 seconds just brute force. But as long as you can keep making inferences i think its valid

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    edited May 2020 1417 karma

I would try to chain the rules and split game boards when a slot contains more than one entity that way we can see all the possibilities. I would first, answer CBT questions as you are given a premise (condition) to work with, then MBT/MBF questions (think globally must be true/must be false in all given situations), and then tackle substiution type questions. In addition, I would try and see if I run into reoccuring rules on the different games and see if I can apply the rules across games.