Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flaw questions give me hell

Flaw questions give me hell. I cannot initially grasp the type of flaw even though I know there is a flaw somewhere. And when I go to the answer choices, the multitude of trap answers consume time.

Comments

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

This in my opinion is the rote memorization part of the LSAT. look and study flaws from an LSAT book then the similarities will pop out at you. This skill is first knowledge and then practice. Also, harder flaw questions will be harder to see the flaw. If you need any clarifications feel free to reach out

• wonsuh1076wonsuh1076 Member
    68 karma

thank you. I think the problem is that in a blind review setting,the amount of analysis Ive been doing to answer a flaw question correct works. But in a timed setting, I cannot analyize the answer choices and the questions fast enough. The flaw does not initially jump out at me.

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

You literally need to be aware of the common flaw question types that you will see on the LSAT. Being aware and even memorizing the common flaw question types can help make these question types less complicated if you are prepared to look for a credited answer that demonstrates the flaw i.e. Whole to Part/Part to whole, Bad causal reasoning, Survey problems, Possibility vs certainty etcetera. In my opinion, if you ignore putting in the time and work to get these common flaw types in your minds eye, it will be much more complicated to get the credited answer for a flaw type question. You can do it! Put in the time and effort and you will notice improvement.

https://7sage.com/lesson/21-common-argument-flaws/

I hope this helps.

68 karma

Unless the flaw questions are sufficiency necessity confusions which for some reason, my comfort zone. (not sure why). But some of the other questions with convoluted answer choices seem to be confusing. For the flaw questions I have been doing, there seems to be no correct answer in which an answer choice that goes like... CONFUSING one claim for another or ASSUMING what its trying to prove. Are there questions where these two are correct answers?

68 karma

Ill definitely try my best to embed the 21 common argument flaws in my head. I definintely understand what the flaws are talking about. But the application of those flaws have been tough in a timed setting. I guess that will come with more practice