Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 12 LSAT LSAT-Flex (US, Canada, and International)

124»

Comments

• cinnamonrollscinnamonrolls Alum Member
    7 karma

Does anyone know how they can see what we're writing on our scratch paper? Not beforehand when they ask to look at our blank sheets, but during the exam while we're working anything out? Isn't the camera focused on our faces?

• Kriti.btnKriti.btn Member
    10 karma

what about the writing? do you still have a year to complete it or do you have do it the same day you give flex ? any ideas?

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

@cinnamonrolls They can't see what you are writing based on webcam angle, nor do they really care. You show them yourself ripping up your scratch paper at the end of the exam, with the presumption that you will then throw away that paper. I think the only security concern would be if someone tried to transcribe questions on their scratch paper and leak them, which would obviously get a score invalidated.

• cubsfanwcgcubsfanwcg Core Member
    12 karma

Does anyone (June Flex takers, maybe) know if an earbuds mic is acceptable? The internal mic on my computer doesn't work, and I'm wanting to confirm that having earbuds in, at least at the beginning to talk to the proctor, will be okay.

• jcsimm01jcsimm01 Alum Member
    2 karma

Looking for clarification on this:

Due to my home's poor internet (it drops out every 15-20 minutes) I'm using one of my univeristy's private group study rooms in the library for the test. I've been studying here for a few weeks leading up to the test and due to covid there are maybe 5 people in the library at a time. Should this be an issue? The study rooms are tucked away in a corner of the library and I've seen no one by them or in them so far.

• elevator_musicelevator_music Core Member
    151 karma

@cubsfanwcg I have a feeling that unless you have accommodations that grant you this you will not be allowed to use any kind of ear "wear"--you are literally told to remove any large jewelry and show your ears to the webcam so they can see there is nothing in/on them. Also, at no point did I actually hear my proctor so that was not an issue (you can type your responses).

• cubsfanwcgcubsfanwcg Core Member
    12 karma

Thanks for your help!

• andywsoccerandywsoccer Member
    83 karma

Does anyone know if we need an essay sample to know the score on 7/30? From what I searched, though it says it is required for score disclosure on the official LSAC site, there was also a statement somewhere that says the policy for requirement will be re-enacted for August lsat. Does that mean I dont need one to know my July score on the 30th?

• yan_nyclawyan_nyclaw Alum Member
    edited July 2020 42 karma

@andywsoccer said:
    Does anyone know if we need an essay sample to know the score on 7/30? From what I searched, though it says it is required for score disclosure on the official LSAC site, there was also a statement somewhere that says the policy for requirement will be re-enacted for August lsat. Does that mean I dont need one to know my July score on the 30th?

As far as I know, you don’t need one to know your score, BUT the schools won’t see the score (or won’t look at the application) until they have both the score and the writing sample on file.

• andywsoccerandywsoccer Member
    83 karma

@yan_nyclaw said:

@andywsoccer said:

As far as I know, you don’t need one to know your score, BUT the schools won’t see the score (or won’t look at the application) until they have both the score and the writing sample on file.

Oh okay. thanks for confirming!