Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference between 8am and 12pm

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
edited February 2015 in General 938 karma
Hello!

If anyone has taken more than one LSAT, as in, maybe one in the summer and one in the regular school year; is there a difference? I'm speaking performance wise here. I mean, 12pm seems like a much better time to take a test. Our biological clocks are use to being awake and active by 12 (most people). Do people score higher in the summer in general?

I'm taking the June exam and was wondering if this is a thing. When I took the December 2014 exam I woke up at 5am to get ready (I woke up at 5am regularly with about 8 hours of sleep). I still feel like it was too early for the test. Also, LG happened to be my first section and I was just not fully awake at that point in time (mentally).

If anyone has questions, thoughts, or perspectives, please share.

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I think it depends on the person.
    Personally, writing at 12:00 PM would be horrific for me. I'm an early riser. The 9 start time for the December (or was it 8? I can't remember) was perfect for me.
    I think it's all up to individual preference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    edited February 2015 578 karma
    i think i have read on some website that June lsat takers have higher scores because their not so tired like the 8am people. I would send you that link but I don't know where I read that, probably unreliable anyway haha
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    @mpits001 It really shouldn't matter because ideally, you should have adjusted your biological clock to the test weeks before you take it not just waking up regularly at the time... but doing it long enough to become comfortable and function optimally doing it... (p.s. a good way I found to cheat the morning thing was to have a big can of red bull/coffee half an hour before you P.T. - I would NOT advise attempting this for the first time on test day). That's also an important part of test prep. Its all part of the build up towards those final 5 - 7 hours.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I'd say it depends on the person. Like @harrismegan I'm definitely a morning person so I felt pretty dang alert for this past Feb test. Although a 12PM test time wouldn't necessarily kill me, I'd probably take some caffeine so I don't crash around 2/3PM lol.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited February 2015 938 karma
    @harrismegan Yeah I get what you're saying. It's varies :(.

@royaimani Yeah it may not be reliable, but if you come across it again please link:D

@"Nilesh S" You're right, it shouldn't matter. Like I said it was my routine (for school/working out), to wake up at 5am and what not. I guess I'm just not a morning person? I also never PTed in the morning, maybe that was a factor. When I start PTing for the June test I'll probably take my exams around 12pm to get into that habit, and also BR at 12 the next day. Also, I've been drinking redbull first thing in the morning for the past 6 months :P.. It does wake my mind initially, but not so much now. I built a tolerance I suppose! I will get off of it until maybe 2 months till the exam, then start again (like half a can). I know it's unhealthy, but it's temporary.

@ddakjiking Yeah I understand, I guess I'm just not a morning person :/..
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @ddakjiking totally 140% agree with you lol. By 12 PM I'm like. wtf is going on with my life? Why am I so sleepy? #morningpeopleforthewin
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 3462 karma
    I usually take all of my PT around 12:30-1 pm just so that I can see how test day will actually be. I've read that people perform better on the June LSAT but I've also read that the June LSAT is also one of the hardest... Not sure which one is right but I'm pretty sure there's some truth in them. But I think that it mainly has to do with you, how you prepare yourself for the 12 pm vs. the 8 am. I feel that i can be a morning person or an afternoon/evening person. Idk.. It's weird. I always took that courses I was less interested in the AM so I could get them out the way early and spend afternoons in classes I actually liked. lol I usually managed to make an A in those courses if i took them in the am then if i were to take them in the pm. So it varies by person.. and how you prepare yourself.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    @emli1000 You are scaring me a bit if June is really harder o.O
    3462 karma
    Don't let that scare you. If you prepare for it as you should then nothing will be "harder" than the PTs you're going to be taking from now until June :)
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @mpits001
    I wouldn't worry too much about stressing over which date is "harder". I had that coming into Feb. Since it's an undisclosed test, I was worrying whether I see a funky LR question or worse, a crazy rare LG game type. Luckily, this past Feb test was pretty damn standard IMO. Keep on studying and you'll do well in June!
    3462 karma
    ^ true. It will just be another PT... & this time it will be PT 75