Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Improve My LR SPEED while Maintaining Accuracy

LunananaLunanana Member

Hi, everyone! I wonder if y'all could give me some advice on how to improve my speed while also maintaining accuracy?
For the past few months, I have been practicing untimed PT sections (1-35) because I wanted to focus on improving my accuracy first. I started with a 144 for an untimed PT, and I have recently achieved at my 170 (but still untimed). Now I think I should focus on improving my speed, because under timed condition, I cannot finish all my LR questions. Usually there would be 4 or 5 left and I don't have extra time to check those questions that I am not pretty sure. I know that if I cannot increase my speed, then my actual score would be much lower. Therefore, I was wondering if y'all could give me some advice? I would really appreciate your help and kindness! Thank you!!

Comments

• ChloeeeeChloeeee Member
    135 karma

following

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

@Lunanana congratulations on getting to 170 untimed; that's huge! it says that you're putting in the time to understand the concepts and I think you are well on your way to improving your timed score!

In terms of advice, how confident do you feel in identifying incorrect answer choices? A lot of the speed gains that I have seen is from the confidence in not wasting time with incorrect ACs. Being able to identify the correct AC is obviously important but so is being able to quickly rule out an incorrect choice.

Even more so than correct ACs, I think incorrect ACs are very cookie cutter. When you are doing your untimed review, really try to understand each incorrect AC and see if you can pin it to an incorrect cookie cutter mold.