Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hitting a Wall with LG

amarlsat93amarlsat93 Member
in Logic Games 13 karma

I have been working on Logic Games for about 5 weeks now and I feel like I am hitting a wall. Because I have been fool-proofing and have a limited number of hours in a day, I have only been able to get through "Introduction to Logic Games & Sequencing Games" and "Sequencing Games with a Twist."

I keep redoing old games and getting one or two wrong. This is frustrating and also unclear if it is evaluating me properly because I am definitely remembering questions that I have done 5 + times. So, as much as I try to play each game anew every time, it is hard to really do so under time constraints. When I am up against the clock, I find myself picking the answer I remember.

Do y'all think it makes sense to move on? Or keep fool-proofing?

Comments

• knitterstitcherknitterstitcher Alum Member
    43 karma

If what you're doing doesn't seem to be making gains, don't waste your time running your head against the wall doing it over and over! Sometimes taking a break is just the thing to cure what ails you. I bet if you work on something else for a while, when you circle back to the LGs that are driving you nuts right now, you'll be amazed at how much better you've become at solving them. It's worth a try anyway. You're going to be applying a lot of the same techniques and strategies to all of the games, so every individual game (regardless of type) is training your brain to get better at LG as a whole. And if you keep working at it you will get faster and more accurate. You just will.