Prep tests until test week - How to approach this

dwillzkaydwillzkay Member
in General 51 karma

So I'm done with the CC as of next week...But now comes the endless prep tests until the August 29th test date. Here's my question:
1) Do I do them all under timed conditions and work from there? Or;
2) Do I do the first few with no time just to analyze and get a feel for what I'm doing (get in the zone, so to speak)? OR;
3) Rely on the blind review to get a feel for what I'm doing while working under timed conditions for the test?

While I'm working through the CC, I don't feel like I've absorbed all the info to a usable degree just yet, so this is coming from a place that is lacking in confidence. That being said, how should I approach these exams? I don't want to burn prep-tests and just have nothing left to work on once I've run out of material.

What's the community's/experienced folks take on this?

Comments

• cat.casacat.casa Member
    168 karma

Hi - I'm not sure if your plan is to only do prep tests until test week, but assuming that's what you mean I wouldn't go that far with it. I didn't do many prep tests, but I always did them under timed conditions because that's really what you're really practicing with a prep test - the timing. To actually improve on problems/timing, I just focused on the prob sets. For ex, I went to "Must be True" for tests 36-59 and burned through them/watched explanations for a day or two to really grasp it then moved on to the next question type. I feel like prep tests more of serve as a gauge for where you are rather than actually help you learn the material though it may be diff for everyone.