Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Feature: Simulate LSAT Flex

2»

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited March 2021 5740 karma

@elizabethlemon said:
    Thanks for looking into this! What I reported is true of PT69-74. To make the point of my previous question more precise, I would appreciate not only to discovering whether the FLEX and regular scores are different, but understanding the accuracy of a simulated FLEX.

What epistemology backs the simulated FLEX score?

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the additional information.

I simulated Flex for PrepTests 69-74 and compared the scores from where I took the same PrepTests with four sections. I converted each PrepTest to the paper format, I used the "Fill in correct answers" button then entered the same number of incorrect answers for Flex and the same number of incorrect answers for the same four-section PrepTest. The Flex scores and the four-section scores were different for each PrepTest on my end.

The scaled scores generated from Flex mode use the same methodology as our Flex Score Convertor which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for reduction in number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

Let us know if you have any further questions