Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Cycle Application Open Dates

Hi 7Sage! I was wondering when law schools announced their application open dates and whether these dates remain fairly constant year to year. The 7sage admissions timeline states that many applications open early-October but I'm seeing that some applications opened as early as September 1st for the 2020 Cycle.
Any input would be welcome as I'm trying to plan out a schedule to submit my application as early as possible.
Thanks!

Comments

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

I second this.

• authayakauthayak Member
    31 karma

Is it too late to apply in November/December of this year?

help

• martinxi679martinxi679 Member
    281 karma

I believe both the 7sage admission timeline's statement and your statement are correct. A decent amount of law schools (especially the top law schools) start accpeting applications in September, but it does not really make a difference between submitting your application in September and submitting your application in October.

From historical data, law school admission staff is unlikely to start reviewing applications in September, which makes October applications equally competitive with September applications. This is also why October has always been preceived as the best month to submit law school applications, since law school admission staff does not realy favor September applications and you get that extra month to review and make sure your application materials are as good as they can be.