Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Help

Jannyboy_16Jannyboy_16 Core Member
in General 66 karma

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for improving as well as executing the RC section, thanks in advance!

Comments

• DefenderDefender Alum Member
    edited August 2020 348 karma

Focus on the author. Be sensitive to words that indicate how the author feels about information/processes/works/etc. And just keep doing RC sections. My first section was -15, and I got to -2 just by getting used to how the RC passages "hide" the important motives and info.

Also, do not rush. Take your time--pause and recap. This is so important. We think we have to crash through the passage and get to the questions. At my best I took 4-5 min on each passage, and then the questions were easier.

Please message me with any further questions--specific or general. RC was a long road for me, and I think it is much easier than we think. It just requires a little bit of a different approach.

• Jannyboy_16Jannyboy_16 Core Member
    66 karma

@Defender thank you so much for the tip, will definitely, do more RC sections and try not to rush reading the section so much!