Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proofing questions

shannon_beaman1shannon_beaman1 Alum Member
in Logic Games 157 karma

So, I have recently started fool proofing PTs 1-35, and it has been about 3-4 weeks now. I am definitely seeing small improvements, but for some reason I had my hopes up to finish the fool proofing process before summer ends, leaving me to start doing PT throughout the school year. Oddly enough, I've figured out that doing 4 games a day and fool proofing them all takes an insanely long amount of time. I am curious on if I didn't fool proof every single game, just the majority of them. My target score is 160 and I'm wondering if I can afford to skip some games during the fool proofing process. As of right now, I am not even close to halfway done with all of the games, and considering doing most but not all of the games in order to get into full PTs.

So along with that, I was wondering how many games a day you all recommend in order to complete fool proofing in a reasonable amount of time. I have been trying to consistently hit 4 games a day, but of course there are days where I do less. It just concerns me with taking so long, because I don't want to forget all of the information I learned in the CC on LR. Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• tmizzledtmizzled Core Member
    edited August 2020 45 karma

First off, in terms of games you look over per day, it really depends. I could be reviewing and redrilling 10 games per day, but if I'm not learning anything its useless. Don't focus on how many you're foolproofing a day, make sure you really understanding the games (quality>quantity). You want to understand them so well you could explain it to someone who has never tried the LSAT before. Also in terms of which games to foolproof, you can afford to skip some. The key is you need to know which ones to skip. When I was in a time crunch, I skipped games that I had reasonable certainty that I messed it up because I wasn't focusing on it or I made on tiny silly mistake, but made sure not to skip the ones where I messed it up because I truly did not understand it. This is because me getting it wrong had less to do with my understanding of LG so fool proofing wasn't as worth it. This is not ideal, but it could get the job done if you do it correctly. This is what I did and I've gotten -1 on LG a few times, so it worked for me. Also, keep in mind since you're aiming for a 160, you can really afford to miss a few on LG. Don't bash your head in trying to perfect LG as for some people (like me), I was able to improve quicker grinding LR so you might be able to reach that 160 a lot more efficiently. Studying smart is just as important as studying hard. I'd say you only need to worry about perfecting LG if you want a HYS or T14 type of score.