Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading techniques for LR?

wheelysmizzwheelysmizz Member
edited August 2020 in Logical Reasoning 37 karma

Regardless of the overall difficulty of an LR section, I seem to always miss exactly 2 or exactly 3 questions. Easiest, hardest, doesn't matter. Even more frustrating is that one of them is usually a level 3 difficulty, and something I get immediately on BR and wonder "why the hell did I choose X over (correct) Y?"

In general, these incorrect choices are usually the result of me reading a convincing (but incorrect) answer choice wrong. I usually know in the moment that something is off, but I don't figure out the "why" in time.

How can I eliminate these fringe misreads that are keeping me from a higher score? What internal monologues can help me read answer choices correctly when I'm doubtful of my first interpretation?

Comments

• jdseidler-1jdseidler-1 Member
    61 karma

Push your answer choice back into the stimulus to make sure you got it right. A lot of times for me when I made silly mistakes it was the result of misreading or not having a full and clear understanding of the premises and conclusion. Pushing the answer choice back into the stimulus helps me make sure that it fits and is correct, it’s sort of like a double check.