Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current Employment on Law School Resume

I am applying to schools this cycle (graduated college this past May) and am worried about sending in my applications before having a job on my resume. Hopefully I will secure a job soon, but my concern is balancing the detriments of sending my applications in later vs sending them in sooner without a job on my resume. For context, I am mostly concerned about the effect this may have on my chances at top-ranked schools. My stats are 173 LSAT, 3.6 GPA (science major), non-URM. I appreciate any insight, thanks!

Comments

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

I wouldn't worry about that at all. As long as you have something on your resume, be it freelance work or volunteering or extracurriculars or past employment, you're good. It's definitely more beneficial for you to apply earlier instead of waiting for a job (that may not come until a lot later - who knows anymore with the way the economy is)

• kmcreddingkmcredding Member
    20 karma

I've been having a lot of similar nerves about this, but there's a global pandemic going on that's having an affect on so, so many people in this same situation. I have to imagine that even at top schools, there will be empathy towards people who just got royally screwed by 2020.

• open earsopen ears Member
    122 karma

Yes, I absolutely agree! Same as you, just tough not to stress about each little thing to make my application stronger. At least for me, I think I will wait until mid-October. If nothing by then, send them in. Thanks for the kind words and best of luck on your journey too!