Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I take a year to study, how much should I study per day?

alienman1000alienman1000 Core Member
edited September 2020 in General 135 karma

I have been studying for the past 6 months pretty much full time and my highest PT has been a 157 (goal is 165+) and I was planning on taking it in Oct and Nov and am not scoring how I want to right now. I have a few questions. First, what will change if I take more time to study less intensely over a longer period of time than full time studying? How much should I study per day or per week and how to have consistent opportunities for improvement without burning myself out? Regardless, appreciate all and any advice as I did not expect to need more time and am feeling a little bummed about that.

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited September 2020 4306 karma

I've been studying for a year part time and would say I've seen consistent improvement. It isn't that you are studying less intensely per say, but the material you study is spread out more generously. As for how to avoid burn out, I think that depends on how much you can personally handle. Some people advise no more than 4 hours per day, some can handle 8 and be completely fine all week. You have to find a schedule that works for you! Since I've been working at home my schedule looks something like this (to help give an idea of where to start)

6:00am-7:30am; Workout
    8:00am-10:00am; Read a book I enjoy
    10:00am-10:30am; Meditate and create my goal of the day (could be LSAT or non LSAT related)
    10:30am-12:00pm; Warm ups (light drilling of LR and RC, like 1/2 star level questions I know I'll get)
    12:00pm-1:00pm; Lunch break (Do something non LSAT related)
    1:00pm-3:00pm; LR/RC depending on the day
    3:00pm-4:00pm; 4 LG games and foolproof (LG is my strongest section so I typically don't need long to review the games I just did).

Again, this is just to help spark an idea for your own schedule! It looks like a full time schedule but if you notice I really only practice LSAT for a total of 4 1/2 - 5 hours. But starting my day off early and doing something productive helps keep that rolling into my productivity when studying :)