Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on retaking past exams?

in General 375 karma

Hello! Is retaking a past exam still an ok indicator of progress? I retook an exam which I took Dec. 2019 (and haven't looked at since). I'm wondering how I should interpret a exam results of a test I'm taking for the second time. Thanks!

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Personally I doubt you will remember enough to make much of a difference. I retook a PT by accident from a few months ago recently and did not realize until the LR section where I remembered some annoying problems. I nearly got a couple wrong because I remembered my original wrong answer and kept trying to justify it again. In the end I decided logic did not support it, so growth.

That evidence is anecdotal but so, I think, is anyone's personal experience with this. Try it and see. If you find yourself remembering questions and their answers from 9 months ago maybe it is not going to be helpful for you. If you don't than go for it.

• BullfroggerBullfrogger Member
    184 karma

/It may be a decent indicator, but what's the point? Are you all out of fresh exams? Unless you've finished all the the exams in the 60s 70s and 80s I would probably opt for a new exam over retaking an old one personally.