Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex Proctor Question

hannyrayes1hannyrayes1 Core Member
in General 4 karma

I'm wondering for those taking the October and November 2020 LSAT-Flex, does the proctor need to be in full view of you using your scratch paper? As in, does the camera need to be angled in a way to view your surroundings including the scratch paper that will be used? Thanks so much.

Comments

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    186 karma

I've used ProctorU in the past and maybe it's changed since, but what they did then was ask you to show them the space you're in by moving the camera around, to ensure that it's enclosed on all sides. They'll also ask you to show them the desk you're working at to ensure that there are no books or papers within reach. Then you'll pick up each piece of scrap paper and show them the front and back, to confirm that they are blank. Once you start the test, the proctor will be looking only at your face and your screen, which you will have screen shared.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    edited September 2020 620 karma

@hannyrayes1 I took the August flex.You’ll do an initial room and desk scan for the proctor to review and approve. During the exam, for LG and sometimes LR, I was able to look down and write without my proctor interrupting me. However, I have heard of other people getting interrupted by their proctor cuz they looked down while using the scratch paper lmao so I just asked my proctor beforehand if it was okay for me to do that and she had no issues. It sucks to say but I think the quality of your proctor definitely affects your exam session. So just ask whatever questions you have before the exam to reduce any confusion with the proctor.