Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kaplan

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
in General 239 karma
I'm already using 7Sage, I bought the regular version. I was wondering if the way Kaplan (In Class) teaches contradicts what 7sage teaches. I know there are bad reviews on Kaplan, but I know someone who took it here (Nevada) and they said it improved their score and the teacher was helpful. I know it's over $1000 but that really isn't a big issue. Just like the course says, why spend 4 years on your GPA and only 1 month on the LSAT if they are both considered equally? You could say the same for paying $30,000 on undergrad education but complaining about LSAT prep prices. (Not saying 7sage isn't a great course at an affordable value)

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    There is something to be said for the reviews... as you said... Kaplan has bad reviews... they have those for a reason... It might be that your friend got his/her score in spite of Kaplan and not because of it... there will always be stories of people doing well from a course... that is the nature of exams... some students do do quite well others not so much relatively speaking... that said... everyone makes their own decision wrt these sorts of things... if you feel Kaplan is going to benefit you, go for it. At the end of the day you should have the satisfaction that you did everything that you could for the score that you secured... Also... I speak for my self at least (though I suspect there is a similar sentiment in the majority of the people who are 7sagers that price was the least of their concerns when opting for this course... I for one chose it because of the quality that it had... I checked out the sample videos looked at the reviews on various forums... there is a Testmasters center as well as a Kaplan in the vicinity of my house so I did have the choice of going to an in class program...I just made the call that I thought was best for me... I would advise/suggest that you do the same for your peace of mind which I feel is a vital element of test prep.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    7Sage is too affordable!! Time to raise the prices. ;)

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Ahhh... It's a decision you need to make on your own. Will it benefit you? Or will you be better off with just 7Sage and maybe picking up a copy of the trainer?
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    Thanks everyone for the advice, but the question I really had (yes, I know the way I write it makes it hard to identify, just like the LR we all love), will Kaplan's style of teaching contradict the way 7sage teaches?
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Apparently it does contradict it in a way I had a bunch of print-outs from their course but after I got 7Sage I threw everything that had to do with Kaplan away because it was different and wasn't as clear as 7Sage.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Yeah my ex-roomie did Kaplan... their explanations were unclear and in some cases outright faulty... I tried to get him to switch to 7sage but he wouldn't listen... he didn't do well on the exam. Also they apparently make up questions (this I do not remember but its common on discussion forums)... you should only be practicing with real LSAT questions...
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I can't speak for Kaplan (I have no idea what they're like) but some prep companies do make up questions and that is very, very bad. :(