Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed 162 vs Blind Review 171

p.khowaja400p.khowaja400 Core Member
in General 14 karma

I'm consistently doing 10-ish points worse under timed conditions (I feel rushed, panic and miss stuff I know). What's the normal difference between the two? Do I have room to improve by the October Flex? tips to not freak out under time constraints?

Comments

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

I also see a significant difference in my BR + timed scores (which is ultimately a good thing!! because BR shows our potential) so I'd also love to know

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

following! would also love advice here

• malloryatxmalloryatx Member
    77 karma

My problem as well! How do I make myself read faster. Ha

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

I normally get 159-161 on my PT's and my BR is 171-173. I raised my pt from 153 and br 171 by skipping questions when I read the stem and have no idea what I read. I will then come back to it if I have time. Also on LR I quickly read the 2 parallel reasoning question and go through the answers once pick one and move on those are time sinks that you don't need to get if you're not looking to get 175+. Plus it is normally my reading comp that keeps me away from my BR score.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited September 2020 905 karma

This post / webinar covers this situation (as part of the prep-testing process, not specifically). That gap means you're entering/entered 'Phase2' in preptesting. There's a bunch of handy tips for Phase2 studying: confidence drills, pacing drills, grammar drills, etc.

Whoops: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/