Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I attach a GPA addendum due to high school grades?

Hello everyone,

In college courses, I had a 3.95 GPA (higher if you count courses taken at other universities over the summer). Unfortunately, during my senior year of high school, I found myself very depressed. Due to this, I didn't try as hard as I should've (I couldn't) and got bad grades in college in the high school courses. Thus my LSAC GPA is only a 3.85. Will admissions have encountered this situation before and simply weight the college courses more?

Comments

• T14plssssT14plssss Member
    edited September 2020 134 karma

Don't write an addendum. You have a near perfect GPA, and highlighting a failure will call extra and undue attention to a bad part of your application. If they see a 3.85 they'll say "Wow! This a really determined student!" if you start saying "well, I had problems here and it affected my school performance" you're instantly making them think about the possibility that you have another flair up in law school. Your 3.9 speaks for itself and says that you're an absolute badass, so don't detract from that by calling attention to the most negative part of your application.