Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finishing the course

A.MENS2020A.MENS2020 Member
in General 82 karma

Hi there, I am about 52% done in the course and am scheduled to take the November 14th exam here. I am devoting about 5-7h a day on studying and am trying to do more so that I can have roughly 2 weeks prior to the exam to concentrate solely on LR memorization (lawgic) and exams. I have previously studied for the LSAT last year, using a different course that I didn't like as much and received just below 150 (I know, not great). My question is: has anyone not finished the full course and been okay score-wise. I am going to have to seriously cram to finish in time + give myself about 2 weeks free for review and exams.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• sakethsaran1998-1sakethsaran1998-1 Alum Member
    246 karma

I would highly encourage you to postpone and give yourself more time. You can improve a lot by finishing the full course. My scores started to increase after 1-2 months of taking practice sets after I finished the entire course.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@sakethsaran1998 im in the same boat! unfortunately though boat loads of time isn't an option for everyone :(

• MattpreatMattpreat Member
    22 karma

Speaking from my experiences preparing for the August flex, I would recommend starting to redirect effort a bit towards practice tests, blind review, watching explanation videos when needed, and focusing on weaknesses. While theory is really good to know if you have the time, I would argue that building good habits are what ultimately makes your score better, so doing practice tests and learning from your mistakes will be the most efficient use of your time. In an ideal world you could do the full course and then practice, but when this isn't possible the best you can do is focus on what you think will matter the most.