Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accommodation Requests after the Deadline

Waffles91Waffles91 Member
in General 12 karma

Hi 7sage peeps! I am curious if any of you have experience with submitting requests for accommodations after the deadline LSAC lists (in my case, Sept 23 for the Nov 7 LSAT). I submitted my initial materials (candidate form, statement of need) several days after the deadline and added some backup documentation from my doctor (it was super hard to get an appointment because of the pandemic). Has anyone submitted materials after the deadline and still been approved? Or is it hard and fast cutoff? In my case, there have been some extenuating circumstances that caused me to submit late, and I explained that in my email, but I am not sure if LSAC takes those types of things into consideration. I really just want to know if there's even a chance, and if there's not, then I can mentally prepare myself. Thank you to all!!

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I have no relevant experience/expertise on the matter, given the nature of LSAC, my guess would be they will not accept it. Again, thats just speculation, i'd try giving them a call.

• SRV_LawyerSRV_Lawyer Alum Member
    75 karma

From what i have experienced, LSAC takes deadlines very seriously. However, my experience does not pertain to accomodations but it can be used to assume their decision pertaining to this matter. I would email them and consider possibly postponing your exam to January, if your applications permit.

Best of luck!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Keep calling and see what you can learn. It may honestly depend on who reviews your file.

• 162 karma

I recently got my accommodations approved for Nov LSAT but I didn't miss the deadline. Only a few days after I emailed them with all the documentation, my LSAT status page had a "accommodated testing status" box which just said my accommodations were under review and the status will be updated within 14 days. Check to see if you have this. I also know they do have an appeal process so maybe you could have your doctor write a letter explaining you had difficulty getting an appointment? Good luck!!!

• LSATulcerLSATulcer Member
    edited October 2020 111 karma

It's a hard cut off

• Waffles91Waffles91 Member
    12 karma

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments! I had all but given up on ever receiving accommodations, but LSAC just approved them today for the November test! I guess they do consider extenuating circumstances in some cases? Definitely not what I expected! I couldn't be more relieved. LSAC does have a heart!

• mariatsororosmariatsororos Member
    4 karma

wait how did you get the approval after the deadline? i called 3 times and could not get an approval past the deadline.

• Waffles91Waffles91 Member
    12 karma

@mariatsororos I also called 3 times to follow-up and they told me each time it wouldn't happen, so I have no clue how this came to be. One of the reps I talked to said sometimes it depends on the officer reviewing your file. Best advice I could give after this whole experience is just to submit everything you have to accom@lsac.org despite what people at the call center say (and give as much detail in your email as possible as to why you submitted past the deadline--in my case, there were a few factors, plus COVID made getting appointments with my doctors near-impossible, which I explained). You never know who is going to review your file. I am crossing my fingers for you. I know how incredibly frustrating the process is.