Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decrypting for Printing Problem Sets

arunima.b12arunima.b12 Core Member
in General 112 karma

Hello, I need to print out some problem sets since I can't always stare at a screen. I don't have my own printer so I have to send the PDF to the central printer in my apartment building. But the printer says it won't print until I decrypt the document. When I use the password, I have to access the PDF, it doesn't decrypt the file or take away the security of the document. Does anyone know what I can do to decrypt or how can I print when it is password protected?

I have sent a message to the student services and waiting for their response, but if anyone has a quick suggestion, please let me know.

Thank you!

Comments

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    869 karma

@"arunima.b12" said:
    Hello, I need to print out some problem sets since I can't always stare at a screen. I don't have my own printer so I have to send the PDF to the central printer in my apartment building. But the printer says it won't print until I decrypt the document. When I use the password, I have to access the PDF, it doesn't decrypt the file or take away the security of the document. Does anyone know what I can do to decrypt or how can I print when it is password protected?

I have sent a message to the student services and waiting for their response, but if anyone has a quick suggestion, please let me know.

Thank you!

Hi there,

The document has restrictions that prevents any changes from being saved. Your email address can only be used as password to open the PDFs. If you are having trouble using the PDF, please try other PDF viewers such as PDF Expert to see if they work better for you.

Let me know how it goes.

• kylajackson63kylajackson63 Core Member
    2 karma

I've tried this and it still says it is encrypted. Do you know another way it can be decrypted?