Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kudos to all the international students out there taking the LSAT

mngldoohairtaimngldoohairtai Core Member
in General 103 karma

Especially if your first language is not English. I speak another language fluently, but would NEVER be able to comprehend an RC section in that language. It must take a lot of hard work and dedication (A LOT!) to get to the point that you can speak another language well enough to get through the LSAT without losing your mind.

If any of you are discouraged, just remember that the majority of native English speakers wouldn't even bother trying to take the LSAT. You are doing something that is incredibly difficult. When climbing a difficult mountain, sometimes it helps to stop, look around, and realize just how far you've come. BE PROUD OF YOURSELVES!

Comments

• An_SkywalkerAn_Skywalker Member
    160 karma

honestly as an international student, i'm more bummed out by the fact that the Nov. test isn't international.
    I'm still registered for it and I'm planning on just trying out my luck with it (perhaps using a VPN to login and turning it off before the exam begins?) But we shouldn't have to go through with this kind of uncertainty especially when the LSAT is now offered ONLINE...I mean, what's the point of separating Intl and domestic tests if they're all online anyway???

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    1320 karma

It's nice of you. Thank you for the encouragement! English is my third language. I've started studying English when I was over 20 years old. Yes, this is a challenge.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@An_Skywalker This so hard. So frustrated that between mid summer and 2021 there was one international administration we could register for overseas while those stateside had 3. Why is this still a thing?

• ChloeeeeChloeeee Member
    135 karma

Thank you for your kind words. You're so sweet.

• ChloeeeeChloeeee Member
    135 karma

@An_Skywalker said:
    honestly as an international student, i'm more bummed out by the fact that the Nov. test isn't international.
    I'm still registered for it and I'm planning on just trying out my luck with it (perhaps using a VPN to login and turning it off before the exam begins?) But we shouldn't have to go through with this kind of uncertainty especially when the LSAT is now offered ONLINE...I mean, what's the point of separating Intl and domestic tests if they're all online anyway???

YES!!! I personally find it unfair

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

Thank You for the encouragement.