Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-applying to rejected school

2 years ago, I applied to a T14 school and was rejected. At the time, my GPA was at their median, and my LSAT was below their 25th percentile. Now, I have improved my LSAT score to exactly the median score. My personal statement, résumé, and letters of recommendation are very strong. Since my waitlist two years ago, I have made very solid advances in my career.

Do I have to re-work my entire application? Submit an entirely new personal statement? Write an addendum? Can I submit the same application with an updated résumé? Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I've heard rewriting the essays is a good idea. Also updating your resume. However, the other information can likely stay the same. Good job staying in the game.

• 1952 karma

you don't need to rewrite a whole new essay, but at least make some changes to show that you're not lazy. of course, if you think you have a new and better story, rewrite!
    you should update your résumé especially since you've made solid advances in your career.
    you can still submit the same lors (by courtesy, let your recommenders know that you're reusing their letters); you can also ask them to update the dates on the letter or add stuff if they want to make it better.
    good luck!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

If is has been 2 years and you have accomplished things in your career you definitely want to update all of that. Leaving it the same, especially if you are only at the medians, is not going to work. To be blunt about it, why would they want to admit a candidate that has not grown in two years? Make sure they do not think that is you. You can have the same topic in your essay, but it needs to have new content, new info.