Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice on canceling vs postponing

lemonsqueezelemonsqueeze Member
edited November 2020 in General 6 karma

Hi all,

I would appreciate any advice on canceling a score vs postponing the LSAT.

Here's my situation - I took the LSAT for the first time in August. A mix of test day anxiety and technical issues (having my test closed out for me) resulted in a score much lower than my practice tests. I feel ready/prepared for the November LSAT. However I have been pretty sick these past few weeks and this week I still feel a bit dizzy/head foggy. It seems to affect my performance by about 2-4 points. I'm worried though that realizing I'm not in my best mental state x test day anxiety will result in a worse performance, or perhaps I can power through -- obviously, no one can answer that for me. My plan as of now is to just take the test tomorrow and if I can tell immediately after that my performance was affected by not feeling well, I'll cancel it and then take in Jan. OR I could just postpone and take it in Jan.

My question is how does a score cancelation look on your record? How might this compare to the downsides of taking the LSAT in Jan, when I'll be writing applications to schools that I'm not even positive my scores will make me competitive for? Any advice would be so appreciated especially since this is so so last second.

Thank you!!!

Postponing vs canceling
  1. Should I postpone or cancel?7 votes
    1. Try out the nov test and cancel after if you felt affected
      28.57%
    2. Just postpone and take the test in Jan
      71.43%