May Flex 2020.S3.Q22&Q24

akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member

This section alone has four weaken questions!!! I don't think i've ever had a section with so many flaw and weaken questions together... anyway, since JY's explanation videos are not available yet, I want to put these confusing ones out here for discussion:

Q22
Premise: (because) if we want to know medieval epi includes some claims, we just ask whether any epi believe it. If they did, then it is part of medieval epi; if they didn't then the opposite is part of medieval epi.

Conclusion: The solution to define medieval epistemology simply as the epistemological beliefs of the medieval epistemologists.

The correct AC is E, however I feel like E is weakening the premise. since we're supposed to weaken the support in this type of questions, I'm not sure E does that and also this argument feels like circular reasoning to me. Please feel free to point out any problems in my breakdown of the argument.

Q24
premise: if pollen from a drug-producing crop flies into a nearby non-drug-producing crop of the same species, the drug could fertilize and turn it into a drug-producing crop.

conclusion: genetically engineered crop raises the possibility that drug will end up in the general food supply.

I chose E for this question, becuz i think E provides that even though X happens, doesn't mean Y will necessarily ensue (X, not Y).
Similar to Q22, I find the correct answer choice D to weaken the premise, instead of the support.