Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assigning LOR After App Submitted

Does anyone know whether it's possible to assign an additional letter of recommendation to a school after I've already sent in the application and my file is complete? For context, the additional recommender already had uploaded his letter to LSAC, but I decided later to assign his letter to the particular school. I know LSAC's website says that they'll send an updated CAS report if they receive a letter for a recommender that you've already assigned, so I'm unclear as to whether I can actually assign a recommender after the fact...

I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone who has experience with this!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

Yes, the school you assign the letter to will get an update regardless of whether it is a new letter or existing but newly assigned letter.

• HLEGC.2003HLEGC.2003 Alum Member
    257 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Yes, the school you assign the letter to will get an update regardless of whether it is a new letter or existing but newly assigned letter.

Awesome, thank you!

• 1952 karma

@"HLEGC.2003" i would also send a quick email to the specific school and tell them that you'd like your application to be evaluated with the new letter that's been sent out, just to be sure.
    good luck!