Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: Fool Proofing Method for Logic Games

Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
edited November 2020 in Logic Games 850 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

“I’m more specifically wondering how to execute the fool proof system. How many logic games sections should I fool proof in order to feel confident that I have mastered the language of the test? Should I fool proof logic games by type or simply fool proof by exam?”

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Wondering this myself!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2020 8313 karma

I'd start with the CC games, then move to either types or go by PT sets... adjust as necessary. Do whatever games you're working on until you can flow through them with speed and accuracy. Put it away. Do it again a day or two later, then a week, a month... adjusting the interval as needed and so on until you feel comfortable. Replace with new games, repeat and profit. You can run a different set of these every day and have a whole bunch of overlapping spaced repetition cycles. Pull out and hit LR/RC when you need a break.

Lots of different variations... find what works for you but the focus is spaced repetition and volume of exposure.

• edited November 2020 1952 karma

i don't think there is a magic number when you'll get confident, but i think you'll quickly start to see the pattern of inferences that this test is testing you on.
    i also recommend finishing the cc first and getting pretty familiar with the game types.
    i personally started fool-proofing from pt 1, and added games i struggled with from my pts to the list. there are more "weird" games in the earlier pts, so this is good practice.
    i should also say this, though: there's also a lot of value in fool-proofing the more recent ones, since they'll have more rules-of-substitution questions.

to save trees, i printed out 1 copy of each game, and put them inside binder protective sheets in a 3-ring binder. i never wrote on the original sheets, and only did work on my scratch papers.

now that the exam is digital, this was good practice for working on scratch papers and not writing on the original sheets (i.e. the digital screen on the exam). i don't highlight anything during games, so i didn't really need to practice that.

i suppose making problem sets of the games and working directly from your digital screen might be able to mimic the real experience as much as possible. but i personally did not want to look at my screen all the time, especially for fool-proofing which demanded a lot of time from me.

this post gave me great insight when i was starting out, and i want to pass it along:

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

happy studying!

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

I personally like to go by exam, because it is easier to keep track of where I left off and how I am doing per section.

At the end of the day it is pretty much a personal choice and what helps you feel most comfortable with the material!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

I think the overall goal is to try to capture as many of the different 'types' of games as possible.
    I think the general thought is to FP PTs 1-35.

Pacifico's post (listed above) was so informative ... although I only printed out one copy to reuse. And with the test digital, it's easier to time the games on the site than with a phone. Although, it's also nice to work on the games anywhere I want without the computer.