Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on improving timed LR score?

emmorensemmorens Core Member
edited November 2020 in Logical Reasoning 1470 karma

So I've now gotten to the point where I am able to get around 22 points correct in BR /untimed in LR. I am someone who really gets tripped up by the timer (especially in this section) to the point where I can't process the stimulus correctly and it impacts my score.

I have a strong feeling my ability to do this will become better as I continue to take timed sections more frequently. I just began doing one daily timed LR section this week as I was previously drilling and focusing on my BR scores. I just took PT 62 section 2 (I believe it's the first LR) and scored -10, including the four questions I didn't get a chance to answer. Obviously this is not a great score but I knew it wasn't going to me because I felt myself lagging and a bit unsure of myself. I got the first 12 questions right which is awesome accuracy but I'm having trouble finding a balance in trusting my instincts for the sake of time and missing small details because of that!

I would love to hear from others about your ability to close the gap between your BR and timed - as I'm taking the January LSAT and am internally freaking out. I need to be able to rely on a consistent LR score that falls closer to where my BR is.

On a side note: I am looking for an RC tutor, if anyone is offering (free) tutoring in this section or knows someone who is willing to do this out of the goodness of their heart that would be awesome! I have great potential in that section (usually score 21+ untimed but my timing just needs some work.)

Comments

• melanie.stewart84melanie.stewart84 Yearly Member
    64 karma

Sending a response to both follow and offer support. I am having the exact issue. All is fine on untimed sections, or timed sections I allow myself to thoroughly blind review first - my score comes out near perfect. Add a timer, and I'm down to only about 15 or 16 correct answers. I've only just started my studying intensely so any tips people have I'd love to hear also.