Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving forward: low 170s

aszane21aszane21 Member
in General 350 karma

Hi all,

I've started to more consistently score in 170-172 range though my peak was a 174 over a month ago. Any tips on how to get into the mid-to-high 170s. For context, my undergrad GPA ain't stellar (3.66, mostly due to premed classes) and I plan on applying to Penn, UMich, UVa, Duke, and G'town. I'm taking the test in Jan.

My issue is that I don't just have one weakness. For example, in my last two PTs my score got dragged down by -4 in LG (silly mistakes I should've caught) and -7 in LR (PT 59, first LR section). There are some areas I know need work, like Parallel LR Qs and not freaking out when I hit a challenging game in LG. But sometimes things will crop up, like SA and NA questions, that I thought I had a handle on. I do think I'm getting better at RC, for a long while I'd get 3 to 4 wrong and be unable to figure out the right answer in BR, in my last 3 PTs I've managed to get the right answers in BR (-4) and then went -1 in the last 2.

I know a low 170 is a good score but I consider it the bare minimum.