Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumping from Low 170s to High 170s

173orbust173orbust Alum Member
in General 183 karma

Hi all. I have been PTing in the low 170s (averaging 172.5) and have only scored 175+ twice with a 175 and a 178. I scored in the high 160s on my first official test and would like to get my average high enough for my score to still be 173+ despite a test day drop. Does anyone have advice on how to consistently break into the mid to high 170s range? My main problem section is RC which typically ranges from -0 to -5. Is there any way to get this more consistent? Also, despite foolproofing games from pts 1-50, I still occasionally go -2 on LG. Is there anything more I can do to consistently get that to -0? I feel the most confident in LR where I average -1 and have never scored below -3.

I am considering trying a PT + review every day as some people I know had success with that strategy. While I think this may be unwise for some, I could see it being helpful for me as I have a strong understanding of the fundamentals. Or would I be better off just doing tons of RC and LG sections?

Thank you for the help!