Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey guys...

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
in General 938 karma
Hey everyone! I haven't been on the forums as much because I realized I was spending more time on here than I should be (was sometimes getting in the way of my LSAT studying). So I'm here now and I want some opinions. I have not been taking FULL Tradition PTs, I've been taking sections and doing them all timed in different scenarios. For example, I'll take 3 LR sections and 1 RC and then BR those. Another day I may do 2 LG and 1 RC and 2 LR. I'm not sure why but this feels easier. Come the last 3-4 weeks of studying (when graduation is here and I don't need to worry about school/finals) I will take normal PTs (probably 2-4 a week) whatever time allows. A lot of personal stuff with family has been coming up among other things so I can never FULLY sit down for a FULL PT without getting interrupted :/.. With school finals/research papers, work, and etc. I just get too many interruptions >.<.. Do you think a month is enough to build a mental stamina?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I think this sounds like a good plan for this busy time, @mpits001 , and I want to commend you for being flexible with all of that stuff going on! One thing I might caution is that it's important to do at least one game/passage/6-7 LR questions a day; on days where you are doing "3 LR sections and 1 RC" I would throw in a game (any game, just to keep your muscle memory up; use it or lose it! But it doesn't take much to keep things fresh, I believe).

It sounds like you're not out of the woods yet (I can't imagine studying for/taking LSAT in June while finishing school). Why not take the summer to make sure you're really ready (once you're out of school!) and take in October?
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    It sounds as if you have a lot going on. Maybe you should consider taking the LSAT in Sept/Oct rather than trying to pressure yourself into squeezing in a lot of PTs in the last 3-4 weeks to build mental stamina. I think it's better to study gradually over an extended period of time to build mental discipline and a solid understanding of the material.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @mes08 I heartily second that!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I agree with @mes08 .. also, make sure you take a day or two off during the week because burn out is real toward the end.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited April 2015 938 karma
    Thank you for the responses everyone @nicole.hopkins @mes08 @emli1000

Trust me when I say I would love to take a year off and even take it next December (My PTs are high 150s low 160s)! However, I'm stuck in a bind, and a bit of the personal stuff should be aired out if me rushing this makes any sense. My grandfather doesn't have a lot of time left. We are not sure how long (he's 81 with heart problems for about 40 years), he was also recently diagnosed with cancer. It was caught very early, but because of his age and conditions all the easy treatment options become difficult. One of the things he wants to see is me enter/finish law school before he passes. As if my own pressure to not wait a year wasn't enough, this is tremendous. I can't really put in words how stressed out I am (gained 5-6 pounds in a week).

Before this drools on into me venting a lot more and not studying, I'll leave it there. I just need to do well on this test, like I should have done on the last one, minus test day screwing over my score. Okay I'm done. I'm about to cry out of frustration, haha. Thank you for taking the time to read!
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    It's best to take full and timed PTs, but if you're doing 2 or 3 in one shot, as you said, then you're not too far off. When, and if, you can take fully timed tests, you should definitely do as many as you can. If you meant that you will have the last month clear, that should suffice.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope everything gets better. I'm sure he is proud of you nonetheless and sees that you are well on your way to law school. During tough times, support from family and friends is often essential. To the extent that we can be of help, whether through advice or just kind words, feel free to PM.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    That puts a bit of ease on my mine @LSATisland thank you! Yeah I've been taking multiple sections, just not actual PTs. I do my best despite the interruptions :l.. Also, thank you for the support. Have a great day :)!