Competitive Cycle & P/T Programs

nanabillannanabillan Member
edited December 2020 in Law School Admissions 347 karma

Hi everyone.

I understand this is an incredibly competitive cycle but does anyone know if this is the case for P/T programs as well? I get that people are working from home and it makes it much easier for a student to study for the LSAT-hence all the score spikes, but honestly it is much harder for me to be able to study as a mother to a toddler. I am a part-time applicant for that reason and so I am wondering if anyone has any insight.

Thank you and best of luck with everyone studying/waiting for schools to respond!

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I can't speak to this with any data or anything, but from what I've heard a lot of the spike in applicants is due to people not being able to find jobs in this economy. I would imagine there is a much smaller spike in part-time applicants, then, because people who apply to those programs are probably all working lucrative jobs (or lucrative enough that they don't want to be a full-time students). I think the number of part-time applicants is already low to begin with

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

thank you for your insightful response @noonawoon I sure hope so because with people being home and some having a huge advantage for being able to study more, being home F/T with my toddler makes quite the challenge.