Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understanding PT Scores

ampinkettampinkett Member
edited December 2020 in General 13 karma

help How do I go about understanding what my score would approximately translate to for the January 2021 LSAT? When I look at the LSAT Score Conversion on here, it's saying that -22 is on average approximately a 162. However, on my most recent practice tests, I have been getting -22 overall and it's saying 159 (PTT77 and PT78). How do I get a better understanding of scaled score versus raw score?

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @ampinkett

The score conversion table on this page is based on a four-section PrepTest. You may have received a different score if you took the PrepTest as a Flex. However, let us know if this is not the case.

The scaled scores generated from Flex mode use the same methodology as our Flex Score Convertor which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for reduction in number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

You're welcome!