Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). LSAT Writing Samples - 7Sage Forum

LSAT Writing Samples

KU123456KU123456 Alum Member
edited January 2021 in General 90 karma

Is there a place where I can find samples of strong LSAT writing essays? I'm just starting to prepare and samples would be really helpful in learning more about the structure, expected analysis, etc. Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2021 1952 karma

i think this is a great question, and i've also wondered about this before.
    i know that the kaplan course has full essays (written by the prep company, i suppose) to the writing sample topics that had been released as part of their answer key/explanations.
    though, i do wonder if they can be passed off as an ideal "answer key" since the writing section of the lsat has not been scored by the lsac and there really isn't a rubric out there for scoring them;
    instead, they will be read by the admissions committee of the law schools that you're applying to, so how "strong" your writing is will be subjectively evaluated and might differ depending on the people who read them.

my point is that there might not be a universal "answer key" out there, but i also think that there are resources out there that can guide you towards writing a generally-strong-essay which most college-educated readers (like the adcom) would agree on.

maybe start by checking this out. lsac partnered with khan academy, so it is a reliable source and may do more good than harm by following their writing guidelines:

https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/lsat/lsat-lessons/general-test-information/a/gtp--lsat--overview-articles--writing-sample

good luck!

• KU123456KU123456 Alum Member
    90 karma

That's very helpful! Thank you!