Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT, scholarships and rescheduling #Help

aszane21aszane21 Member
edited January 2021 in General 350 karma

Hi all,

Tomorrow is the last day to reschedule the Jan LSAT for free. I'm consistently (almost maddeningly so) getting 172s on my latest PTs. Before that I was getting 171s consistently so there's progress but its very slow. Maybe if I reschedule to Feb, I can get into inch up to a 173-174 but I might not. I'm fairly comfortable with my chances at getting into the schools I want to if I get a 172, but a higher score would be nice too.

To help with my decision, could anyone give me the lowdown on the relationship between LSAT and scholarships at T14 schools? Are certain scholarships (like the Toll at UPenn) where everyone can apply heavily dependent on LSAT and GPA or is the review process holistic?

Comments

• arunima.b12arunima.b12 Core Member
    112 karma

Following, I would like to hear some advice on this too!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I don't have information on this, but checking the deadlines for scholarship applications or when the scholarships are awarded will give a lot of clues.

I would also think that you are better off worrying about securing admission first and then the scholarship. If the February results would come back in time for the scholarships you can always tell them that you do not want your application placed on hold for your retake and then, if the scholarship deadlines are not in the past, email them immediately upon getting your score to notify them of the new score, with a note of which scholarships you applied to. Lastly, if scholarships are a big deal, I would apply now and take both January and February LSATs. They aren't cheap but securing even an additional hundred dollars a year would more than pay for the cost of the extra test.

I wish I could have done that in November or December, but they only offer the test internationally every few months.