Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jan Registration Open (may be a glitch)

edited January 2021 in January 2021 LSAT 24 karma

FYI - The LSAC email yesterday stated registration opens 7 Jan, however, I was just able to register for a time slot for the Jan exam.

Not sure if it'll reset tomorrow but if you need a certain time slot may be worth giving it a shot.

Good luck.

Comments

• 615Kevin615Kevin Member
    74 karma

did you get an email with the instructions to register for a time?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Not a glitch... if you already have ProctorU access, you can typically sign up a day early.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited January 2021 815 karma

I think its hilarious how presumably some future law students are circumventing the system to get their desired times. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles eh? For those who are late to the party, the 20th and 21st test days are already filled. Hope LSAC/Proctor U resets it tomorrow to give everyone an equal playing field. Totally unfair for people who have to register tomorrow.

• 24 karma

Well I agree, clearly, which is why I didn't hoard this information and I've posted elsewhere to try and make it available to people who may need a certain time slot. Also why I just got off the phone with the LSAC and ProctorU letting them know the floodgates are open prematurely, submitted a support ticket to ProctorU, called LSAC again when the first employee didn't seem to understand why it was problematic.

If you don't want to sign up that's fine, just trying to help out others who may need certain times.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited January 2021 815 karma

@nealbonenberger said:
    Well I agree, clearly, which is why I didn't hoard this information and I've posted elsewhere to try and make it available to people who may need a certain time slot. Also why I just got off the phone with the LSAC and ProctorU letting them know the floodgates are open prematurely, submitted a support ticket to ProctorU, called LSAC again when the first employee didn't seem to understand why it was problematic.

If you don't want to sign up that's fine, just trying to help out others who may need certain times.

While its commendable you are posting for people to know and notified LSAC/Proctor U.

Registering before the sheduled open time is still putting people at a disadvantage, as only those with accounts can register for a timeslot. This excludes anyone without a ProctorU account from registering. Presumably, many first time test takers will now get less days to prepare/study/pick their preferred times thanks to people like you circumventing the system.

P.S. It is dissapointing to hear LSAC doesn't see why this is unfair.