Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I have to submit all my schools transcripts?

Hi everyone. I attended three schools to obtain my undergrad. First I was dual enrolled and graduated high school with my associates degree. Then I went to Northwestern where I didn't have a great time. Many issues and some problems left me with academic dismissal after I left the university midway through a semester and didn't finish out the year. I then went to FIU and used none of the credits obtained at northwestern, just the credits I got from my associates. So my question is do I have to submit transcripts from northwestern at all? Or can I choose to omit them since they had no bearing on my collegiate career?

Comments

• babkir19babkir19 Member
    50 karma

If I'm not mistaken, you have to include transcripts for any school you received credits at or were towards your degree? I would call LSAC to make sure though!

• ajthoma5ajthoma5 Core Member
    15 karma

Unfortunately for you, you have to submit any transcripts for any college classes you have ever taken, including the ones for your associate's degree. They all average the same, weighted by credit hours.

• TimeIsMoneyTimeIsMoney Member
    495 karma

Sounds like my situation. I dual enrolled in high school, went to one school and transferred to Cincinnati. You have to submit transcripts for any school which credit was received. They need to know you have enough credits and will also calculate your GPA based on their numbers.

• nnnnnnzzzznnnnnnzzzz Member
    177 karma

National Student Clearinghouse has all of your school records provided that all your schools are accredited.

They work with higher institutions and verify prospective student's enrollment and degree records. In short, don't lie, or they will definitely find out.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Agreeing with the above--there's an obligation to release any transcripts where someone took college credit courses; for peace of mind, please remember this is a pretty common experience and that you can get a consult with a law admissions expert to help with the applications. You'll want to explain what happened to Admissions so they have your story v. just the transcripts. And/or you can send questions about how to approach your application statements to the Thinking LSAT podcast for a chance at free feedback with your name redacted.