Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do You 170+ scorers notice a difference in your time?

danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 4181 karma
I just started scoring in the low 170s and noticed that I'm averaging a bit over 5:00 minutes left per section after having gone through all of the questions. This, of course, allows me to check over answers and even get a few right that I would not have otherwise. As exciting as this is for me, I'd like to know if this is something I can expect.

Comments

• bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    Yes, you should expect this.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Hmm ... 5 minutes left per section is a bit generous. I would be curious in which "era" of tests you're finding this to be the case, what blind review scores are, etc. Sure, for games one might be able to expect this at a certain level; but I would be surprised at 5+ minutes left over for *every* section, in particular RC.
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    I typically end up with something like 10 minutes left on LR. Typically I have maybe 5 minutes left on RC and recently I seem to have gotten worse at LG and am using every second.

My score seesaws wildly between 171 and 177, based almost entirely on the RC passages and whether there is 1 "impossible" LG.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I had this on PT 62, I believe, and I had just come off of constant, timed drilling from the most difficult passages and logic games. I did achieve my best overall score (173), though I still missed 4 or 5 on the RC section. Still, I felt confident the entire way through. Maybe it was a one time thing and I rushed myself while believing I wasn't. I'm withholding all expectations, as I expect much variation from test to test, but I was curious to see if there were any patterns amongst others.