Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on RC?

I haven't started anything with RC , I wanted to nail down LR first in hopes that it would my RC in general.
Any suggestions on how to tackle RC? 7Sage method ? PSB ? Reading a dense passage every night ?

What have you struggled the most with RC?
  1. Understanding how the questions apply to the answer18 votes
    1. Getting through the dense material digitally without being able to physically highlight a piece of p
        5.56%
    2. Understanding the dense material and being able to seperate the important info from the filler info.
      94.44%
  2. Any advice on how to get over what you struggled with ?18 votes
    1. PSB
        5.56%
    2. 7sage
      27.78%
    3. reading dense passages once/twice a week to get used to the material
      66.67%

Comments

• Greggy35Greggy35 Alum Member
    68 karma

Initially, I started at -15 to -17, got it down to -9 to -10. I started working (seriously) on RC in November. Took the test today. Probably not the best to give advise, but 7Sage low resolution summaries works. Don’t worry about the detail, just remember where the technical detail is located.

• jpoznan0587jpoznan0587 Core Member
    220 karma

thank you !!

• malevolent-saintmalevolent-saint Core Member
    32 karma

I would recommend Manhattan Prep's book on Reading Comprehension - it's very helpful, it teaches you methods that are complementary to JY's low-resolution memory method.

• BenjaminSakaBenjaminSaka Member
    edited January 2021 214 karma

-Big picture + structure

Mentally state to yourself the main ideas and quickly summarize what each paragraph after does after finishing it and how it relates to the passage as a whole. This takes time. I've been able to improve my RC score by about an average of 4 questions from doing this. Hopefully I can get the rest of those points and be able to give you some more advice :)

Also,
    Read a lot. If you struggle with science, find a free science textbook online and read one. If you struggle with law... etc.

There were also some helpful posts on here written by high scoring folks where they explain their process. Here's one
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/26560/my-guide-to-reading-comprehension-part-1-long-ish-post

• jpoznan0587jpoznan0587 Core Member
    220 karma

Thank you so much !