Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proctor-U Right Before LSAT

nanabillannanabillan Member
edited January 2021 in January 2021 LSAT 347 karma

Last LSAT I took was a nightmare with my proctor. I made sure to tell my proctor that I am home alone, that I left my turned-ff phone in another room, and kindly requested I not get interrupted during the exam. I basically wanted to do what I could to avoid a horror story.

My proctor only chatted with me–I did not think anything of it.

During LG, she couldn't see my chin so she messaged me. I had a flashing box on the lower-right hand corner of my screen and had to click on it to open it. I adjusted my face and continued writing on my scrap paper. A second later I got another flashing and her message was a thank you. Again, I got interrupted and had to X-out of the chat box. At this point I got annoyed but contained myself and continued working. Then I got a smiley face! I shouted, "please stop interrupting me!" I might have been rude but at that point she threw me off focus for silly things and I made sure I was clear at the start to avoid interruptions.
I apologized at the end of the exam but I did not need 'thank you's' and smiley faces during my LSAT.

If I get another proctor who wants to just 'chat', can I request a different proctor? Maybe I am being a bit over but I really do not want to get thrown off my game again. Then again I heard of proctor's that forgot to mute themselves. >.<

Any advice would be appreciated.

My takeaway: Keep your chin up.

Comments

• lalalalalalalala Member
    111 karma

why do they need to see your chin ?

• liesel_gliesel_g Alum Member
    7 karma

Ah I am sorry to hear about your experience! It sounds awful. Can you request the proctor to remind you verbally if, say, she couldn’t see your chin...? Would that be better than having to open the chat box?