Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any notoriously difficult LR sections?

_iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member

I think I've heard that PT70s and 80s have "harder" LR sections, but I want to do one or two of the notoriously harder ones before my flex exam.

Comments

• 72, S2
    76, S2
    81, S2
    84, S3

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited January 2021 905 karma

It really depends on what is your personal struggle. Sometimes I read someone say that an LR section of a test is 'hard,' but then did really well - where it was easy. Other times, the analytics might say that a LR section is 'easy,' only to really struggle with it. I made a spreadsheet of the different section difficulties early-December and was surprised that the pre-35 LR sections have more 5-star questions in their sections than the recent tests (and, so, there are more 4-star sections in those LR sections than in the later tests). For the recent tests, it's more about the wording (I guess). If you're working your PTs in order, you're unlikely to notice the subtle shift in change. So if you're looking for the 'numbers,' that might be different from looking at the specific 'wording' ??? And if you struggle with, say, causal, you might react differently than if you were a wiz at logic. And question type strengths (I do really well on the argument-types, less so on MSS/MBFs, so if all the 5-stars are flaw, na or strengthen/weaken, I'm likely to do better than if the 5-stars were MBT/MSS; contributing to some sections being easier even though they're marked as hard(er).

There's also a reddit list out there that doesn't coordinate with 7sage's analytics. They have one section marked as super-tough that I think 7sage has marked as a '2.' I don't remember the specifics because it was rather useless as a tool.

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

@ArmenianElleWoods AHH thank you sm!

• @nw_39796 no problem! There's a master list on Reddit that has the 5-star and 4-star rated LR sections based on 7Sage's ratings. Hopefully this helps!

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/i3ni6u/spoiler_alert_summer_2020_update_to_7sages/

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

@ArmenianElleWoods Exactly what I was looking for - thanks a lot!