Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many jackets is too many jackets

GHIGGINS154GHIGGINS154 Core Member
edited January 2021 in General 74 karma

So this is a bizarre question but I'm so serious - how many jackets are you allowed to have within your reach during the exam? I get really cold, and often will wear like two pairs of socks and three jackets inside, but I don't want to end up too hot (stress) or too cold (I have no heat). Is there a rule against...changing jackets?

baby, it's cold inside
  1. 1 jacket17 votes
    1. 2 jacket
      11.76%
    2. the world is your oyster, do you and see what happens
      88.24%

Comments

• GHIGGINS154GHIGGINS154 Core Member
    74 karma

I messed up the poll. Just post answers here.

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

I had a blanket during my previous Flex test and the proctor saw it and didn't care if that's also something you'd want to do.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    edited January 2021 1470 karma

LOL funny because I was literally thinking the same thing because I always get cold and was worried it would mess up my focus on test day, and then I was like 'no this is so stupid just focus on the test not your body temperature'. So I'm glad to see someone else feels the same.

Personally, I'm wearing socks, leggings, a thin long sleeve and a runners/trainers zip up jacket. I feel like that's a good combo because it's two thin layers stacked. I also like how they are more form fitting because as soon as LG hits, I always feel like I need good mobility for some reason? (aka I don't want a loose sleeve falling down my arm.)

You could also consider wearing some slippers! If your feet are cold it will make your body more sensitive to temperature. (I always wear slippers because you can just slide them on or off hehe)

If you have a space heater I would recommend turning it on maybe an hour before your test to warm up the room a little, I definitely won't want it on during the test but I like to warm up my space because it's a cold room.

I am also a cold blooded human, but do keep in mind your adrenaline will likely kick in and keep you warm!

Good luck! :)

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

i get super cold and id just layer if i were you. id rather be cold than warm bc i read somewhere being a little chilly can make you more productive, haha

• GHIGGINS154GHIGGINS154 Core Member
    74 karma

Thanks for the advice, y'all! Appreciate the camaraderie from my fellow cold blooded (but nice) humans!