Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many times is too many times to take the LSAT??

I have heard so many things about how many times you should and should not take the LSAT, I am wanting to get into the University of Oklahoma and my score was not high enough to do so from the November test. (I am wanting to apply when I will receive scholarship) However people have told me not to take it too much because that will look bad? I was thinking as long as I improve each time I should be okay right?

How many times is the limit?
  1. How many times is the stopping point?41 votes
    1. 2
        2.44%
    2. 3
      36.59%
    3. 5
      34.15%
    4. as many as you want
      26.83%

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think that 2 or 3 times won't raise any eyebrows as long as you keep making progress. Anything more than that needs to be justifiable, in my opinion. I wouldn't take it more than four or five times, max. Of course, ultimately, your highest score is what matters. If an extra take gets you five more points, that's going to make up for the fact that it took another take to get that score.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Agreed with @MissChanandler . Also some schools like USC apparently only have 5 LSAT slots on their drop-down menu so I guess that's your upper limit as a general guide lol