Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NA Bridging Examples

WallerNVWallerNV Member
edited January 2021 in Logical Reasoning 61 karma

Hello there,

Could someone provide me with a condensed analysis of the 'bridging' concept of Necessary Assumptions. I'm struggling on identifying these Q-types and I'm missing a great deal of NA questions on PTs unfortunately.

Also I'm looking for examples or a PT that may have more than the usual amount of these. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Muchas Gracias

Comments

• J.D. ASAPJ.D. ASAP Member
    28 karma

1) You've probably checked this out already, but it doesn't hurt to review this once more since we are learning tons of information. This link gives you a condensed lecture of the bridging concept https://7sage.com/approach-necessary-assumption-questions/

2) On the one hand, if you feel that the argument is not convincing... that is, if you notice that the conclusion introduces a new element that is obviously un-connected from the premises, then that's a fairly big hint you are looking for a bridging answer.

3) On the other hand, you have to read carefully... because if you feel that the argument is convincing after reading the NA-type stimulus, then you have made the assumption you need to find and you are losing against the LSAT.