PSA for January Test Takers ( and future Flex tests)

FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member

January has turned out to be the largest test administration of this cycle with over 40,000 people registered and as such there are many first time test takers as well as people that have taken a Flex test previously but are still not too familiar with the format so I thought I would create a post.

Here are some important things to know:

• There are multiple different versions of the test. In some of the previous Flex administrations we have seen more than 50 different versions of the test.

• Order does not matter. So all those posting their order in the January discussion thread, you are not helping anyone nor are you potentially trying to gauge your perception of how well you did. You may even be accidently hurting others who are looking to fellow test takers to get a better idea of how they may have done on the test When you post that you had the order of: LR- LG- RC and you write about how how LR was the hardest section you have ever had maybe the section you had was difficult but someone else who had the exact same order as you had a different and easier LR section and now they think that the questions went right over their head and are cancelling their test.

• There is multiple different curves- Depending on content, there will be at least several different curves. Previous estimates on past curves have ranged from -7 to -10

• All Flex tests are non disclosed so we won't see questions or really know how we did

Here is what we can and can not discuss on the January discussion thread:

• We can discuss topics. You could list the topics of the games or RC passages for example.

• You can say something like I found the questions about dinosaurs, Plato, and birds flying to be the trickiest questions or questions you thought you got wrong

• By listing topics you may be able to find other test takers who had the same section as you and get their perspective as to overall difficulty, hardest questions ect though you can't say something like I answered question #15 with B, did you?

• We can't discuss game type or question type