Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else anxious asf over admission decisions ?

I applied to approx. 15-16 schools and heard back from about 5 so far. I just feel like this cycle is slow and brutal (Reddit is not helping my nerves lol). My anxiety is just through the roof as the weeks go on. I feel like I'm missing so many "waves" and it's freaking me out. On top of that, it sounds like a handful of the T20/T14 schools have increased their medians which means my stats, which would have been good last year, are now not so hot lmao 😥😪 Though know I shouldn't be complaining because I have gotten 2 acceptances so far, I just can't help but stress about the remaining. The 2 R's I received are also just tough to digest tbh. Basically, I hate this cycle and I am dying to hear back from the rest. Congrats to everyone who has gotten into their dream schools. And for those who didn't get their top choices, know that there are better things coming. keep your chin up. I'm there with ya.

Anyways, this is just a blatant rant post and if anyone else wants to rant in the comments, feel free to 🥲

Comments

• lalalalalalalala Member
    111 karma

What are the two schools you received an acceptance? Maybe they are not as bad as you think. I’m still waiting for my score and the stress is real. Counting the days to apply. Hopefully everything goes well with you. At least you got two acceptances so that looks good.someone recognized your worth

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

Congrats on acceptances. I would like to rant about how medians have increased over the past few yrs

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@"Madam TA" you’re right. The acceptances I’ve received are not bad at all and I am very grateful to have gotten in with scholly. I think I’m just on edge because they’re not technically my top choices, but great schools nonetheless. So far, I’ve gotten into UC Hastings and ASU. I can see myself at either but I have to admit I had my hopes set on other schools so I am just worried I won’t have options in the end. However, I’m trying to hold out hope for the remaining 10. Just been a crap week with the 2 dongs I received, but I understand it’s a tough ass cycle. 🤧😭

I understand the stress of waiting for scores though. I was in your shoes just a couple months ago.. don’t stress too much! Just know you did your best and it’s an achievement even to retake given how painful the LSAT is haha Fingers crossed that you get the score you want and best of luck on applications !!

620 karma

@learn2skipQs thank you! I’m just peeved that some schools jumped 2-3 points which is astronomical given even a point higher is a huge difference in LSAT world. It’s true they increase every year though so I guess it is what it is 😵 I think with the crazy amount of applicants this year and higher number of 170+, schools have inflated their medians so I’m not sure what to say besides I wish I was ready last year to apply 😂

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    edited January 2021 730 karma

@karko2525 same!! Congrats on Uc hastings tho I'm hoping 2 apply there, but hopefully i can increase my score for the feb test. Good luck tho !!

620 karma

@learn2skipQs best of luck!! You got this :)

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Congratulations @karko2525 on UC Hastings Law. I’m also hoping to apply there next cycle. Would you be able to share your stats and when you applied to UC Hastings Law? :)

• allisongonzallisongonz Member
    13 karma

omg congrats @karko2525 !!!

I also plan on applying to ASU for this Fall 2021. Do you mind telling me how long did it take from when you applied to getting accepted? Also, did you have a good LSAT score to get into ASU? Any tips you can provide I will appreciate it. You can also email me separately if you like. :)

620 karma

@Confidence123 @allisonmgonzalez Hey guys! First of all, thank you! Second, I am happy to share my stats and when I applied. Feel free to DM me and we can chat further :)

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you so much @karko2525 just messaged you. :)